Basic Policy on Personal Information Protection
NGK Insulators, Ltd. and NGK group companies (Hereinafter referred to as "NGK" or "we".) have established the following principles to handle personal information we collect.
- (1) We handle personal information in accordance with laws and regulations regarding protection of personal information.
- (2) We collect personal information in a lawful and fair manner.
- (3) We use personal information within the scope of the purposes specified in advance.
- (4) We don't provide personal information to a third party unless otherwise permitted by laws and regulations or without consents from the individual.
- (5) We process personal information by implementing internal rules and an organizational structure to protect against leaks, outflow or loss of personal information and providing education to our employees.
1. Collection of personal information
1) Your personal information
We will collect your personal information, which you provided at your own discretion, such as your name, your company name (department and title), your address, and your contact information (telephone numbers, fax numbers, email address, etc.) to achieve the purposes listed below.
2) Personally referable information provided by customers
We will not use any personally referable information (that is not personally identifiable to customers, but it’s related to customers, including but not limited to IP address, cookie information, browser information, etc.) obtained from the websites (as shown in the table below) managed by us by linking them to your information held by us.
However, if personally referable information is handled at each website, guidance will be provided at the site.
When we provide your personally referable information to a third party and the third party is expected to obtain them as personal information, we will confirm necessary matters to the third party in accordance with laws and regulations.
|NGK INSULATORS, LTD
|ENERGY SUPPORT CORPORATION
|AKECHI INSULATORS, LTD.
|NGK CHEMITECH, LTD.
|NGK FILTECH, LTD.
|NGK ADREC CO., LTD.
|NGK KILNTECH CORPORATION
|NGK ELECTRONICS DEVICES, INC.
|NGK CERAMIC DEVICE CO., LTD.
|NGK FINE MOLDS, INC.
2. Purpose of using personal information
1）We use your personal information for the following purposes.
- （1）Personal information of our customers
- Identify confirmation
- Guidance of our products*, sales and provision of our services
- Provision, obtaining, and researching information about our products
- Response to, confirmation and recording of maintenance and after-sales services of our products
- Guidance for seminars and exhibitions in relation to our products
- Distribution of newsletters in relation to our products and our businesses
- Research, development and improvement of our products and guidance on improvement of our services (including new products development)
- Response to and dealing with customer requests and inquiries
* "Our products" means products of our businesses (Environment Business, Digital Society Business, Energy & Industry Business, and other businesses).
- （2）Personal information of our business partners
- Communication necessary for the business in relation to procurement of materials, performance of contract, negotiations, etc.
- Managing business partners information
- Other communications necessary for the business in connection with the above
- （3）Personal information of our shareholders
- Exercise of shareholder rights
- Operations related to the performance of obligations
- Provision of services to shareholders
- Management of shareholders and shares including the creation of data in accordance with laws and regulations
2）We will use your personal information within the scope of the purpose of use if it is specifically stated in documents that you provide your personal information or on the website screen.
3. Provision of personal information to third parties
We will not disclose your personal information to any third parties except in the following cases. When providing the information to a third party, it shall be provided appropriately in accordance with laws and regulations.
- (1) When your consent has been obtained
- (2) When we outsource or subcontract with companies or agencies to achieve the above purposes described in "2. Purpose of using personal information"
- (3) When the personal information is disclosed in a manner in which the individual cannot be identified (e.g. statistical processing)
- (4) When permitted by laws and regulations
4. Sharing of personal information
We may jointly use personal information with our group companies as shown in the table below.
When sharing your personal information with a group company located in a foreign country, we will handle it in accordance with the "6. Transfer of personal information to an overseas third party".
|Scope of entities
|NGK Group Companies
For more details, please refer to List of NGK Group Companies
|Purpose of use
|Please refer to above "2. Purpose of Using Personal Information".
|Personal information to be shared
|Name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, and company name (department, title, inquiry/transaction details, etc.)
|NGK Insulators, Ltd. (Please refer to here for the details.)
Note: Personal information provided by individual customers in relation to water purification business will not be shared with our group companies.
5. Safety management measures
To prevent unauthorized external access, loss, leakage, or falsification of personal information, we take safety management measures, such as the development of internal rules, conducting trainings regularly for our employees, internal audits, implementing access controls to personal information in the soft and hard aspects.
6. Transfer of personal information to an overseas third party
We will provide your personal information to a third party in foreign countries in the following cases within the purposes described in "2. Purpose of using personal information".
1) When permitted by laws and regulations.
2) When consent has been obtained for the provision of your personal information to the third party after notification of information specified by laws and regulations.
3) When necessary measures have been taken for the third party who has established a system that conforms to the standards specified by laws and regulations so that the system can be maintained on an ongoing basis.
In the case of provision based on above 3), we will provide the following information upon customer’s request.
- (1) Method of development for necessary measures by the third party
- (2) Outline of necessary measures implemented by the third party
- (3) Frequency and method of periodic review
- (4) Name of the foreign country
- (5) Existence of the system and its outline that could hinder implementation of necessary measures by the third party
- (6) Other information required by laws and regulations
7. Retention period
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to achieve the above “2. Purpose of Using Personal Information". However, this does not apply if a longer retention period is required by laws and regulations.
8. Request for disclosure, etc.
We will respond appropriately to your request for disclosure, rectification, addition, deletion, suspension or erase of your personal information (Hereinafter referred to as "requests".) in accordance with laws and regulations.
General Affairs Department
NGK Insulators, Ltd.
Phone : +81-52-872-7125
Fax : +81-52-872-7135
Updated April 1, 2022