Social Media Policy
NGK Insulators, Ltd. and NGK Group companies (collectively referred to below as "NGK") have established and will comply with this policy when conducting activities on social media using official accounts.
Code of Conduct
- We operate our official accounts with full awareness of the impact of social media on society and the responsibilities that arise from its use.
- We operate our official accounts in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and with the awareness that we are a company recognized by society.
- We take advantage of the features of social media to listen sincerely to our customers.
- We respect and do not infringe on the rights of third parties, including copyrights, intellectual property rights and privacy rights.
Purpose of Using Social Media
We use social media (Twitter, YouTube, etc.) to disseminate and communicate information with the aim of making NGK known to more people.
Official NGK Accounts
The official accounts operated by NGK (referred to below as the "official NGK accounts") are here.
Handling Posts to the Official NGK Accounts and Related Matters
1. Replying to users’ posts
NGK may respond to posts or direct messages from social media users (referred to below as "users") to the official NGK accounts. However, NGK is not obligated to reply to posts or direct messages.
2. Prohibited Matters
If NGK determines that there has been a post to an official NGK account that falls under any of the following (including any behavior that potentially does so), NGK may remove or report the post and temporarily or permanently block the contributor's account without prior or subsequent notice to the contributor.
- Posts that infringe the law or public order or morality
- Posts with a criminal purpose or inducement to crime
- Posts of personal information (including face photos, etc.) without the person's permission
- Posts that attack or criticize, dishonor or discredit, or defame a particular person or organization
- Posts containing obscene expressions
- Posts on racial, ethnic, sexual, religious or political topics
- Posts discriminating based on, for example, race, thoughts, or beliefs, or promoting such discrimination
- Posts about political, electoral, religious or similar activities
- Posts that are simply rumors or promote rumors, or posts that contain false information
- Posts that can be considered to be impersonating NGK or a third party
- Posts including malicious content such as harmful programs
- Posts infringing on trademarks, copyrights or other intellectual property rights, portrait rights, privacy or other rights of other users, third parties or NGK
- Posts causing nuisance, disadvantage, or damage to other users, third parties, NGK, or employees, etc.
- Posts prohibited by social media companies
- Acts that obstruct the operation of the official NGK accounts or otherwise interfere with the operation of the official NGK accounts
- Posts with content for the purpose of profit or commerce
- Alteration of part or all of the content of the official NGK accounts
- Any other posts equivalently falling under the preceding items
3. Damage Compensation
- If NGK incurs damages due to the actions of the user, NGK may claim damage compensation from the user.
- NGK is not concerned with, and does not take any responsibility for, any problems that may arise between users or between users and third parties in connection with the official NGK accounts.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
- The copyright and moral rights of the information displayed in official NGK accounts, as well as any other intellectual property rights (including but not limited to patent rights, utility model rights, design rights, trademark rights and know-how), belong to NGK or any person with legitimate rights.
- Users shall grant NGK the right of free and non-exclusive use worldwide of posts on official NGK accounts (including processing, extraction, reproduction, publication, translation, etc.), and shall not exercise any copyrights, moral rights of the author, or other intellectual property rights regarding the post.
- NGK takes great care when posting information on official NGK accounts, but does not provide any warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, usefulness, certainty, security (no interruption of functions, no occurrence of errors, no computer viruses or other harmful items, etc.), or suitability for your purposes. In addition, NGK shall not be liable for any damages arising from the use of such information by you. Users should understand this before viewing and using the information.
- The information provided by NGK through its official NGK accounts does not necessarily represent our official announcements or views. NGK's official announcements and opinions will be made through our official website and news releases. In addition, the posting by users to the official NGK accounts is neither directed by NGK nor represents our view.
- The operation of official NGK accounts may be suspended or discontinued without notice. NGK shall not be liable for any damage, loss, expense or burden incurred by the user as a result of such actions.
6. Changes to the Terms
NGK may change this policy without notice. The amended policy shall come into effect as soon as it is published in a suitable manner, such as on the NGK Group Global Site.
If you have any questions, inquiries, or requests regarding our social media policy, please refer to the "General Inquiries" section of our inquiry form.
General Affairs Dept.
NGK Insulators, Ltd.