1.Personal Information we collect
Personal information we collect from Customers
We may collect, retain, and use following personal information. Personal information refers to information that can identify an individual when used alone or in combination with other information. This includes, but not limited to, your name, address, phone number, email address, and age.
IP address, etc.
When you access to the website we control, we will collect information through your internet access to our website, including IP address, browser type, operating system, system language used, access times and referring website address, etc. ("Technical Information") in order to understand the status of utilization of this website. In principle, such Technical Information is collected in anonymized form.
2.Purposes of Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information for following purposes.
Personal information of general public and persons who belong to our business partners
- (1) for our marketing activities, sales activities, and providing services;
- (2) for providing and collecting information of our products and conducting investigations, etc.;
- (3) to perform maintenance and after-sales services;
- (4) for inviting seminar, exhibition, etc. in relation to our products;
- (5) to send you newsletters in relation to our products and business;
- (6) for research and development and improving the quality of our products (including new product development);
- (7) to procure materials for our products and services;
- (8) to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests; and
- (9) for other related services in the above.
3.Sharing, Transfer, and Disclosure of Personal Information
We shall not share your personal information to any companies, organizations and individuals except in the following cases.
- (1) When the sharing is required by laws or requested by government authorities.
- (2) When we obtain your consent to the sharing.
- (3) When the personal information is used by NGK Group Companies for business transaction with Customers. However, in this case, the sharing is limited to the purposes written in this Policy.
We shall not transfer your personal information to any companies, organizations and individuals except in the following cases.
- (1) When we obtain your consent to the transfer.
- (2) In the case of acquisition, bankruptcy or liquidation. However, in this case, we request new companies or organizations which retain your personal information to continue to observe this Policy. If not, we request such companies or organizations to obtain new consent.
We may disclose your personal information only in the following cases.
- (1) Disclosure upon legal requirement: applicable laws, legal proceedings, lawsuits or mandatory requests from competent public and government authorities.
- (2) When we obtain your consent to the disclosure.
4.Protection of Personal Information
- (1) We will use reasonable and feasible security measures to protect your personal information and prevent unauthorized access, leakage, use, modification, damage or loss.
- (2) We will use reasonable and feasible measures to prevent unnecessary collection of personal information.
- (3) If a security incident of personal information occurs, we will without undue delay take reasonable and effective methods and notify you of the situation in an appropriate manner. At the same time, we will report the situation of handling the incidents to the supervisory bureau, if necessary.
5.Responding to Individual Rights
1) We will respond appropriately to the following requests regarding personal information processing in compliance with applicable laws.
- (1) Access to personal information
- (2) Correction / deletion of personal information
- (3) Objection to the handling of personal information
2) For security reasons, we will accept the above request in writing. We will respond within 30 days after receiving your request. However, we may request confirmation of your personal identity before processing the request.
In principle, we do not charge for reasonable requests from Customers. However, we may charge a fee for repetitive requests beyond the reasonable range. We may reject unreasonable demands, excessive demands, demands that may pose a risk to legitimate interests of others, or very unrealistic demands.
6.Personal Information of Minors
We also regard protecting privacy of minors as important. Normally, we do not collect personal information of minors. However, when we need to collect personal information of minors, we will obtain the consent of their guardians in advance. Personal information of minors collected with the consent of their guardians shall be used or disclosed only in the case permitted by applicable laws with the consent of their guardians.
Normally, personal information collected and generated in the People's Republic of China (excluding Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan; applicable in the text below) is retained within the territory of People's Republic of China. Personal information of Customers may be transferred to the overseas judicial districts where our products or services are developed (for example, Japan, etc.). In these districts, different data protection laws or related laws may be established. In such cases, we will take reasonable measures to ensure the same protection that can be obtained in the People's Republic of China for Customers’ personal information. At the same time, we will carry out the necessary security evaluations based on the requirements of applicable laws, or carry out the responsibility of personal information management required by other laws.
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to achieve the above "2. Purposes of Use of Personal Information", unless the law requires or allows a longer retention period.
We reserve the right to update or revise this Policy at any time. If this Policy is updated or revised, we will post its latest version here.
NGK TECHNOCERA SUZHOU CO., LTD.
General Affairs and Human Resources Division
Last updated: February 16, 2021