By using our websites or by giving us your Personal Information, you accept the practices described in this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use our website or give us any Personal Information.
1.Data Controller of Personal Information
For the purpose of this Policy, the following is responsible for the processing of your Personal Information as data controller.
NGK DEUTSCHE BERYLCO GMBH
Address: Westerbachstraße 32- 61476 Kronberg Im Taunus - Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 6173 / 993-400
Fax: +49 (0) 6173 / 993-401
2.Contact Point of Our Data Protection Officer
We have set up a contact point of our data protection officer that will handle any questions or requests you may have concerning this Policy, your Personal Information, and its processing.
For any inquiries, requests or complaints concerning the application of this Policy or for exercising your rights, as described in this Policy, you can contact our data protection officer below:
Contact point of our data protection officer
NGK Insulators, Ltd.
General Affairs Department
Address: 2-56 Suda-cho, Mizuho, Nagoya 467-8530, Japan
3.Collection of Information
1) We collect the following Personal Information according to your relationships with us.
- Identification data such as name, company name, title;
- Contact information such as private and/or business postal address, email address, telephone numbers; and
- General information such as personal or professional interest, your experience of our services and products and your contact preferences).
2) If you submit any personal information about other people to us, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use their personal information as Personal Information in accordance with this Policy. If necessary, we will contact such other people to inform this Policy.
4.Purposes for Processing Personal Information
1) We may use your Personal Information for following purposes ("Authorized Purpose"):
- for our business and sales activities, and providing services;
- for providing and collecting information of Our Products and conducting investigations;
- to perform maintenance and after-sales services;
- to send you invitation letter for seminar, exhibition, etc. in relation to Our Products;
- to send you marketing communications such as newsletters in relation to Our Products and our businesses;
Note: NGK shall not send you unsolicited commercial email in violation of applicable law or regulation
- to develop and improve Our Products and services (including new product development);
- to procure goods or services for Our Products and services;
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- for our internal record keeping;
- to ensure that the content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device; and
- for other related services in the above.
Note:"Our Products" means products of our businesses (Energy and Infrastructure, Ceramic Products Business, Electronics Business, Process Technology Business and other businesses).
2) In case where we need to collect and process your Personal Information for other than the Authorized Purpose, we inform you of a specific purpose and ask for your explicit consent.
3) Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may use your Personal Information to comply with any provisions in any applicable laws and regulations or to respond to court orders and legal procedures.
5.Legal Basis on Processing of Personal Information
Generally, we collect and process your Personal Information based on the legal basis specified below. For the purposes of our legitimate interests, processing shall be lawful only where such interests override your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms.
1) For the performance of a contract to which you/your company are/is a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
2) For compliance with a legal obligation under the laws of European Union or its member countries.
3) For the purposes of our legitimate interests consisting of:
- quality assurance, product support and development;
- carrying out marketing and promotional activities;
- customer or business relationship management, including complaint management; and
- personalized services.
6.Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information
1) For the Authorized Purposes for which we collect your Personal Information, we may share your Personal Information to the following categories of recipients.
- Within NGK Group companies
- Outsourcing companies or agencies
- Our customers
2) We may disclose your Personal Information to other third parties in connection with complying with legal obligations or establishing, exercising or defending rights or claims. (e.g., to regulators and government authorities or courts and attorneys).
3) We may also disclose your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
As NGK is a global organization, we may to transfer your Personal Information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may provide for different data protection rules from your country. In such cases, we will take appropriate measures to ensure that recipients provide an adequate level of protection for your Personal Information. Especially transfers within NGK Group companies are governed by the agreement containing the standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission. We will provide a copy of the contractual clauses upon request at the contact point in Section 2.
1) We take appropriate actions on the requests on the processing of your Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. You can any time exercise certain data protection right below.
- The right to be informed on the processing of your Personal Information;
- The right to request access your Personal Information;
- The right to rectification of your Personal Information;
- The right to erasure of your Personal Information from our records;
- The right to restrict our processing of your Personal Information;
- The right to receive your Personal Information provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- The right to object to our processing of your Personal Information;
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing;
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time if the processing is based on consent; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
2) We generally will not make any decision based solely on automated decision-making within the meaning of GDPR. However, in some cases, we may profile your interests in Our Products and services with monitoring your Technical Information in order to tailor our communications with you.
3) In order to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the contact point in Section 2.
We strive to establish company regulations and a management system so as to prevent theft, leakage, or loss of your Personal Information, and also provide education and training to make sure that our employees handle such information with considerable and proper care.
1) While abiding by applicable laws concerning protection of Personal Information and other relevant regulations, we constantly review and revise the contents of this Policy from time to time. Any changes to this Policy will be posted online. You should check our website occasionally to review any changes. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Policy on our website.
2) If any change may materially and negatively affect the privacy of your Personal Information, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you in advance and give you a reasonable period to object to any changes.
Last updated on 31 May, 2023